Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Bits & Pieces

Diana Gabaldon's EW Book Quiz was included in a post from Outlandish Observations today.  I've been a Gabaldon / Outlander fan for years and have read many of Diana's interviews.  This quiz was both funny and surprising.  Check it out!

The new book in the Lord John series, Scottish Prisoner, comes out next week - I can't wait!

Just finished Sue Grafton's latest, V is for Vengeance.  Up to her usual high standards - a Great Read.  It shocked me to discover I've read each and every one of her Alphabet series, in order, at the time of publication.

I'm just not that old!


So, did you survive (a) Thanksgiving and (b) Black Friday? 

I did, thank you for asking.  Thursday was lovely - put a roast in the oven, puttered around the house - much to the cat's pleasure (she likes having me home) pondered what I have left to do for Christmas.  I worked on Friday, but managed to leave early so I could get my hair cut and stop by the market. I even managed to set the DVR to capture the Curious George festival on PBS. 

Last night I finally watched Deathly Hallows Part 2.  I picked the DVD up at the market on Friday, spent Saturday browsing the extras and finally settled back after dinner to watch the film.  Haven't quite processed it all yet.

Still to do:  Decide on the contents of a cookie/baked goods tray.  Make my fruitcake. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment